When considering training a dog, most owners only give thought to basic dog obedience classes. However in doing so, they ultimately end up limiting what a dog is capable of accomplishing. In addition, basic obedience is the extent of the training offered by many dog trainers. The fact is though, some dog training facilities offer a large variety of dog training classes that teach much more than just dog obedience training. They are looking to provide you as the owner and your dog a much bigger selection. By doing so, knowledge gained from any of these specialty classes will help to bring out the best in your dog and maximize his potential.Dog training dallas
Here are some of the samples you’ll find when looking into dog training classes.
- Advanced Obedience Training – These courses are fairly self explanatory. They are merely advanced versions of basic dog obedience training. They’ll take your dog from the simple obedience commands of sit and stay to more advanced commands which require your dog to maintain training and good manners when left in the care of a trusted person even if you were to leave the room. This is the training required for AKC’s Canine Good Citizen Program and demonstrates a level of obedience that will have other dog owners in awe of your pup’s discipline.
- Relationship Dog Training Class – A class such as this is designed to help you understand and communicate with your dog on a new level. This course teaches you how to handle any reactive behaviors or aggression issues. It also teaches you how to relate to and communicate with your dog on his level and help build a stronger relationship and powerful bond with your canine friend.
- Disc Dog Sport Training – Dog sports is an awesome field for additional dog training. If your pet loves to retrieve, disc dog sport training would be an ideal course for you. This class would teach your dog to play Frisbee and help you build a relationship with your four-legged friend while he learns focus. Disc dog sports elevates your dog’s ability to jump, concentrate on the catch, and build strong physical health through exercise.
- Puppy Socialization – Good dogs are socialized dogs. And to get optimal results, socialization should start at a young age. Puppy socialization classes help to introduce your puppy to new experiences in a safe and supervised environment. Many dogs miss out on this training and therefore deal with issues such as separation anxiety, shyness, or aggression. Early socialization helps teach your dog proper social skills that he can use as he gets older to allow for confidence, ability to be alone without their owner, and get along well with other dogs.
- Nosework Course – Since dogs have such an amazing sense of smell and strong desire to hunt, this class helps develop your dog’s natural scenting abilities. You’ll learn how to help in that process by using his natural desire to hunt and love of toys, food, and exercise. The benefits of this instruction are that it builds confidence, uses a large amount of mental and physical energy and is a whole lot of fun for your dog. This type of training can lead to unique opportunities just as the elite canines have in police and military outfits.
- Swim and Learn Classes – Many dogs avoid going anywhere near standing water, much less a pool. The avoidance is out of fear. If your pet is around water, whether it’s the backyard pool, a pond, swimming hole or whatever the case may be, this class is the perfect opportunity to introduce him to appreciate it and get rid of his fear. You’re pet will be given an introduction to water and swimming all at his pace. And for his safety he will learn where to get in and out of the pool. (Interestingly enough, most dogs who are introduced to swimming properly, end up liking it.)
- Agility Instruction – Again, one of the more popular types of training for dog owners who are already familiar with dog sports. Once you’ve seen these dogs in action, you can’t help but be mesmerized by their speed and performance. The training in this class will teach your dog how to maneuver through obstacles such as running through tunnels and tires, walking on a dog walk, and using a teeter. This instruction can be done for fun or to help your pup prepare for agility trials and be one of the elite star performers.
- T-Touch – A unique approach to animal training and dog care that involves a specific form of light touch. This method helps to reduce stress and build confidence while inducing a state of relaxation and increased body awareness in both animals and people. The combination of T-Touch body work with unique movement exercises helps improve focus and attention which allows for optimal learning to take place. It also provides a wonderful means of deepening the bonding you have with your dog. Through T-Touch the deepened bond between you and your relaxed dog will almost have him reading your mind.