If you agree to this article, it is probably because it is difficult for you to sell your home and you are not doing it in the time you expected. From Deplace we want to provide you with a series of tips so that you have clear, on the one hand, certain keys to make your home attractive in the eyes of potential buyers and, on the other hand, what is needed to sell a house Houston house buyers.
In this article we explain a series of techniques to sell your apartment quickly and be attractive to potential buyers.
Keys to make your house attractive to a buyer
We start with the most logical and obvious part, but many times it is not or we forget about it: your apartment has to be attractive for buyers, not for you. Both in price and aesthetically.
And is that often the love we have is nothing more than a mere bandage that prevents us from getting the sale. That’s why we want this article to refresh certain basic ideas that will help us how to sell a quick floor.
Price or cost of the property
Putting a price on housing is not easy and often is the brake to get sell in a short time. We all try to get the most out of the sale and at the beginning we usually put a very high price that scares away the buyers. With this the only thing that is achieved is, most likely, that the homes of your neighbors are sold before yours.
But you should not put a price too low thinking that it will sell much earlier, as this can give a negative image that makes the buyer think that the house has some “snag”: something that we try to hide and other buyers have discovered and that’s why they do not buy.
Therefore, the first thing to do is to study similar houses in the neighborhood and enter that bid. It is not a bad idea to pass you off as a buyer of other homes and visit them. That way you can make a better comparison and estimate if your house is better or worse than the one you are visiting and can put a higher or lower price accordingly.
All this process can be easier if you have a real estate agency that intercedes for you and knows how to put the most appropriate price. In the end, selling a quick floor is usually the best option.
Aesthetics of housing
Many sales are lost at the time the prospective buyer makes the visit, because he does not like what he sees or is not what he expected. Make sure you make a very good description in the ad and above all, do not lie in it. Also the photographs have to be done by a professional or by someone who understands how to reflect in a spectacular way each of the rooms and even make them look bigger than they are. With this we will manage to pass the first filter in front of the competition and that the buyers want to come to know it.
Some aesthetic tips to sell quick floor to consider are:
- Perfect condition: There can be no damage. Before putting it on sale you have to make all the repairs that are necessary because they will help to revalue. Nobody would enter to live in a house in which the windows do not close well, the faucets drip or the furniture in the kitchen is a disaster.
- Absolute cleaning: In addition, it is essential that everything is clean so that it gives the impression that the buyer can enter to live in a new and hygienic place.
- The more light, the better: The luminosity is always a very important factor. Therefore when buyers visit the house is an aspect that will take into account. If you do not have much natural light available artificial lighting in an intelligent way as well as small tricks in terms of removing curtains or furniture that are dark and make space more sad.
- Remove any personal element: The new tenant does not have to share your same tastes. That is why leaving pictures, tablecloths, lamps, bathroom or kitchen utensils or decorative elements do not make much sense. A house replete with elements will seem smaller than it really is and if they are not to the taste of the buyer, they will scare you away.
- Nice and neutral painting: Surely change after acquiring the house, so it is better not to risk. In addition, the walls in light tones provide light with which we add another positive thing.
- Pleasant moment: Always advance before the visit of a potential buyer to turn on the heating or activate the air conditioning. During the winter it is essential to demonstrate the good heating that the floor has, as well as in summer the temperature has to be pleasant so that you want to be in it and not have a bad time.
Documentation needed to sell your house
It is crucial that, before starting the sales process, you have all the documentation in order so that you can carry out this process. Therefore you will need:
- ID of buyer and seller.
- Purchase deed of the selling party.
- Last receipt of contribution (IBI), or failing that, certificate of being up to date with payment.
- Certificate issued by the Secretary-Administrator of the Community, of being up to date with community quotas (both ordinary and extraordinary). The certificate must indicate if there are budgeted works in the approved building and with pending fees to pay.
- Certificate of current habitability. It is a document in which it appears reflected that the property meets the minimum conditions for any person to live in the house. It expires every 15 years and is certified by an architect, either technical or rigger.
- Energy efficiency certificate. It is mandatory in Spain since 2013 in the cases of purchase or rental.
- The price and the method of payment must be indicated. In the case of payments on account, the amounts paid and the dates. In the case of transfers, you must provide proof of the same, and in the case of payment by check. Photocopies of them. In any case, you must indicate the numbering of the account or accounts where the funds come from through which the price is paid.
- In the case of mortgages, a pending debt certificate or administrative cancellation certificate issued by the creditor entity must be provided.
- In the case of other types of charges, such as seizures, you must provide the necessary documentation for cancellation.
- If the construction of the house is prior to 1971, the certificate of technical inspection of the building must be provided. In the event that it is not available, the reason for its lack must be accredited, either by accreditation of the Community of Owners themselves, or by express manifestation of the selling party.
Once all this documentation has been gathered and a buyer who wants to acquire it has been found, the purchase process will be carried out through a notary that certifies said process and all this must be presented in the Property Registry. If you do not have all this documentation in order, it is possible that the processes will slow down, so your idea of selling your quick floor will be delayed.