Sell a quick floor and without lowering the price. It seems utopian, but you can get it by applying these 25 tricks of expert agents Houston house buyers.
How to sell a fast floor. Expert agent tricks
Have you thought about redecorating the entrance to improve the first impression of the potential buyers?
It is proven that the purchase of a floor is decided in the first seconds, so get to work!
This is just one of the many tips that are listed below to help you sell your apartment quickly and without lowering the price.
Like this one, there are many other tricks to captivate visitors and make them see how ideal your home is for them.
Remember that you can use the handyman service in your Zurich home insurance for small repairs. Here you can read all the conditions of your home insurance.
25 tricks to sell a quick floor:
- If you live in the apartment you want to sell, stay only with the minimum and essential. If you do not have a place to store your things, hire a storage space. The floor has to be ordered at all times, otherwise the buyer can understand that there is not enough storage space or that it is not a comfortable home.
- It is true that leaving some furniture makes it easier for the buyer to get the idea of the dimensions of the floor, but too many get the opposite effect, that is, that visitors see the floor much smaller than it is.
- Beware of old beds, tables and cabinets, they usually make the rooms look much darker and smaller.
- The storage room, if you have it, must also be clear so that it stands out as a large space.
- The more you depersonalize the environment the better. So save the photos, pictures and posters, especially those that allude to political and / or religious ideologies.
- Add some decorative touch with neutral colors, plants or candles (never lit if you are not to control them). If you do not know where to start there are professionals who are dedicated to doing what is known as “home staging” or house makeup in order to sell them faster with or without real estate.
- Ventilate and buy air fresheners, especially if you are a smoker or have animals.
- Assess the possibility of repainting the floor, doing so will also help eliminate unwanted odors.
- Put curtains of neutral colors and always leave the beds made.
- Thoroughly clean all corners: whoever goes to see the floor feels comfortable at all times.
- Weigh, too, the possibility of carrying out small repairs or aesthetic retouching.
- Check all the bulbs for good lighting in all rooms of the house.
- Put a small table with soft drinks in an especially cozy area on the floor so that visitors can sit and reflect after the visit. Make them feel at home!
- Once everything is in order take the opportunity to take pictures of the property at times when there is lighter. Make several and choose the best ones with the help of trusted people.
- Make a list of good things on the floor to explain to people who are interested. Do not get angry if they say negative things during the visit, concentrate on explaining what is positive about them.
- If the floor needs repairs it can be a good idea to ask for a budget of how much it would cost to reform it to be able to tell the buyer about it.
- Be realistic with the price, compare with other properties in your area (those that you know have been sold, not those that have been in the market for more than a year) and leave some margin to be able to make a small reduction. They say that if during the first weeks you do not get more than 20 people interested in seeing it, you have made a mistake in the price.
- If you are going to announce the sale of the apartment in different channels, check that the price is the same in all; otherwise you may end up generating distrust. Read our article on how to make an ad to sell your apartment (with examples) .
- If you live in the apartment you want to sell, make sure that during the visits there is no one at home apart from the person responsible for the sale. If you have a dog or a cat you will also have to avoid its presence.
- Teach the floor at the time when there is more light, the first hours of the morning are usually the best.
- Do not forget to turn off the radio, TV or other appliances so that your visitor does not feel that you are interrupting your free time. If you hear the noise of the neighbor play ambient music.
- Schedule appointments also on Saturdays and Sundays. Do not lose a sale because of laziness.
- Treat all offers seriously, even if they are too low. Focus on what you want to achieve and try to reach an agreement that favors you.
- If you also want to sell the parking, leave your car parked so that the measurements are clearly perceived.
- Finally, remember to put yourself in the skin of the buyer, for it can help you go to visit apartments similar to yours, so you can get a better idea of who you are competing against.